"I have succesfully represented over 3,500 individuals charged with serious crimes. Let me put my experience to work for you, so you can have a Great Defense!"
Alcohol and Under 21: Zero Tolerance
If an individual is convicted of driving a motor vehicle with any alcohol in their body up to .07 % the consequences are severe. At .08% blood alcohol content a person under 21 can be charged with Operation While Intoxicated (OWI). For more information on .08% or higher, see my other articles on OWI.
For a first time offender a driver can be subjected to :
1. Misdemeanor criminal conviction
2. 30 day suspension of their driver’s license
3. $125.00 license reinstatement fee
4. 4 points on their driving record
5. Fines up to $250
6. Community service up to 360 hours
7. $500 Driver Responsibility Fee for 2 years to the Secretary of State
8. Increased cost of insurance
For a second offense within 7 years a driver can be subjected to:
9. A second Misdemeanor criminal conviction
10. 90 day suspension of their driver’s license
11. $125 license reinstatement fee
12. Fines up to $500
13. Another 4 points on their driving record
14. Community service up to 60 days
15. Substantial insurance rate increase or cancellation
16. $500 Driver Responsibility Fee for 2 years to the Secretary of State
17. Jail for up to 93 days
With an experienced, aggressive criminal defense specialist
an individual may be able to avoid the severe penalties listed above.
Your life or the life of your loved one is too valuable to leave to the
whims of a judge or the police.